The Greater Claremont Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Fund is a separate 501(c)(3) organization that is overseen by the Greater Claremont Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee. The annual scholarship is awarded to graduating seniors from public and private schools in the greater Claremont area. Monies will be distributed in the second semester of study at a two or four year college or university following the successful completion of the first semester.
Eligibility is based on:
• Employment by the senior, parent or guardian for a minimum of one year at a company which is a member in good standing with the Greater Claremont Chamber of Commerce.
• Evidence of community service hours above and beyond those required hours for graduation.
• One letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
• One letter of recommendation from someone other than a faculty or family member.
• A grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
• A personal interview with the Chamber's Scholarship Committee (up to the discretion of the committee)
• Submission of a complete scholarship application form and essay.
• An applicant shall not be discriminated against because of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.